These 22 Cy-Fair business and development stories are some of the most popular on our site throughout 2022.
1. Charlie and Senie Fogarty, owners of Steamboat House, announced in January that the restaurant would be closing after 16 years in business.
2. A Tesla service center opened earlier this year at the old site in Gander Hills.
3. The highly anticipated Voodoo Donut opened in Cypress this past May.
4. In June, Houston Methodist officials broke ground on a new Cypress campus off the freeway. 290 between Spring Cypress and Barker Cypress Roads.
5. D’Agostino Cos. broke ground on a 300-unit multifamily complex at 20130 Schiel Road in Cypress, known as the Cypress Preserve.
6. This past May, Towne Lake’s Boardwalk welcomed Passerella, an Italian seafood restaurant.
7. Howard Hughes officials broke ground this summer on Wingspan, an on-demand rental community in Bridgeland.
8. Popshelf, a retailer that is rapidly expanding throughout the Houston area, opened a new store next to the freeway in early July. 290.
9. Black Rifle Coffee Company brought two new locations to Cy-Fair this year—one next to the highway. 6 and one FM 1960.
10. As part of the 2019 bond referendum, Cy-Fair ISD made progress on a new administration building and a visual and performing arts center near Cy-Fair High School.
11. Houston Premium Outlets welcomed several new businesses this year, including Miss A, Bobby Jake’s Burgers and Shakes and Purple Mattress Store.
12. Build-A-Bear Workshop and Windsor Fashions also opened new stores this summer at the Houston Premium Outlets.
13. Oregon-based drive-thru coffee shop Dutch Bros Coffee opened new locations this year, including one on Hwy. 290 and Skinner Rd.
14. The owner of Locatelli has announced that its Fry Road branch will be closing permanently in early 2022.
15. Sweetgreen brought a new location this year to Towne Lake’s Boardwalk.
16. Howard Hughes this summer announced the addition of Townhomes to the City Series at Highland Homes, a new development in Bridgeland’s central town center.
17. Caldwell officials also announced plans for new townhomes in the Towne Lake community at a news conference in April.
18. P.Pole, a Miami-based pizza chain, brought its first Texas location to Cypress earlier this year.
19. Taylor Morrison announced plans for Avalon, a new master-planned community in Cypress this year, with a groundbreaking ceremony held in mid-May.
20. Two of Cypress’s master-planned communities made it to RCLCO Real Estate Consulting’s list of the nation’s 50 best-selling communities, based on home sales during the first six months of the year.
21. Following the purchase of Willowbrook Plaza in late 2021, the developer announced plans for new tenants, including Bluefin Sushi and Mahana Fresh.
22. Brewingz Restaurant and Bar announces the closure of its location at 28320 Hwy. 290, Cypress, late August.