A small equipment failure sparked a fire at a business in Bangor

Bangor, Maine (WABI) — Crews from all three Bangor fire stations responded to a fire at a business on Gosau Road on Thursday.

Received a call around 12 p.m. for Fox and Ginn porters and warehouse fires.

A company official told CNN that a small equipment malfunction caused the fire.

The fire was quickly brought under control.

“Basically, all we know is that some type of compactor appears to be on fire or on fire. Everything is under control now. No injuries, we are still doing some major repairs and trying to clear some smoke,” Assistant Chandler Corriveau said the fire chief.

Fire officials said the compactor was damaged and smoke filled the building.

Several regional departments were asked to help each other.

The National Guard was also on the scene to provide assistance.

Source link