DUBLIN, Oct. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “5G Technology Global Market Report 2022” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s supply.
The global 5G technology market is expected to grow from $20.23 billion in 2021 to $30.11 billion in 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 48.8%. The 5G technology market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 34.9% to $99.76 billion in 2026.
North America is the largest region for the 5G technology market in 2021. The regions covered in the 5G technology report are Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
Government initiatives to increase promotion and rollout of emerging 5G technologies are expected to drive the growth of the 5G technology market. This is primarily due to the significant impact 5G technology will have on mobile networks, physical networks, computing facilities, hosting and deployment systems, and service and infrastructure orchestration. Every government must ensure that 5G technology reaches its maximum potential as it supports thousands of new applications for consumers and businesses in the manufacturing, energy, healthcare and automotive markets.
For example, the Chinese government expects to start the commercial rollout of 5G in the 3400-3600 MHz band by 2020. The government also plans to use spectrum in the 25 and 40 GHz frequencies to ensure high-speed internet across the country. Likewise, phone carriers AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint plan to launch their mobile 5G networks in the US in 2019. Hence, the increase in government initiatives is driving the growth of the 5G technology market.
Security and privacy issues are important factors restraining the 5G technology market. This is mainly because the 5G technology market faces standard and complex network security threats, due to the large number of devices connected to the network and the diversity of technologies, the security of user data becomes a key challenge for 5G wireless transmission systems/infrastructures. For example, according to experts at the 2019 Canadian Wireless and Telecommunications Association event, 5G networks have 200 times more attack vectors, or paths to access the network, than their 4G predecessors.
Increasing collaboration between 5G technology companies is an emerging trend in the 5G technology market. This is mainly because these companies are focused on developing robust 5G infrastructure and fostering innovation platforms by sharing resources, knowledge, technology and costs.
Such collaborations also help companies amid expiring licenses, lack of technical know-how and a strict regulatory environment. For example, in February 2019, Ericsson partnered with Intel Corporation to develop a next-generation hardware management platform that will provide transparency, agility and efficiency for 5G, distributed cloud and network functions virtualization (NFV). Likewise, AT&T teamed up with Rush University Medical Center in January 2019 to bring the first 5G-enabled hospital to the United States.
The 5G technology market is governed by the European Electronic Communications Regulation (EECC), which sets regulations within the European Union related to 5G technology. For example, in March 2022, in response, the European Union passed regulations to accelerate the installation of 5G networks by simplifying the deployment of small cell antennas that provide the last mile for 5G networks. The regulation defines the physical and technical characteristics of small cells, sets strict limits on their size and power, exempts them from planning permission (while retaining state oversight), and addresses their appearance to make them less visible. Therefore, regulations such as these will benefit 5G technology companies and drive the 5G technology market.
1) In terms of communication infrastructure: Small Cell; Macro Cell; Radio Access Network (RAN)
2) By End User: Automotive; Industrial; Consumer Electronics; Healthcare; Energy & Utilities; Other End Users
3) By core network technology: Software Defined Networking (SDN); Network Function Virtualization (NFV); Mobile Edge Computing (MEC); Fog Computing (FC); Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
4) By chipset type: ASIC chip; RF chip; Millimeter wave technology chip; Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
Key topics covered:
2. 5G technology market characteristics
3. 5G Technology Market Size and Growth
4. 5G Technology Market Segmentation
5. 5G Technology Market Regional and Country Analysis
6. Asia-Pacific 5G technology market
7. China’s 5G technology market
8. India’s 5G technology market
9. Japan’s 5G technology market
10. Australia 5G technology market
11. Indonesia 5G Technology Market
12. South Korea’s 5G technology market
13. 5G technology market in Western Europe
14. UK 5G technology market
15. German 5G technology market
16. French 5G technology market
17. 5G technology market in Eastern Europe
18. Russia’s 5G technology market
19. 5G technology market in North America
20. US 5G technology market
21. 5G technology market in South America
22. Brazil 5G technology market
23. 5G technology market in the Middle East
24. 5G technology market in Africa
25. 5G Technology Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
26. Key mergers and acquisitions in the 5G technology market
27. 5G technology market trends and strategies
28. Future Outlook and Potential Analysis of 5G Technology Market
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8alyzm
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood,Senior Press Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900